Choosing The Right Attorney
Auto accidents can range from a minor fender bender to a catastrophic collision causing extensive damage, severe injuries, and even loss of life. Medical conditions following the accident as well as financial implications of totaled vehicles and impending lawsuits can be life changing for most. The first thing you need to do after an automobile collision of any kind is seek medical attention. Then, find the right attorney to determine if you need legal representation. So, whether you may have caused the accident or are a victim of someone else’s negligence, a seasoned auto accident attorney can provide the necessary protection and legal guidance you need following an automobile collision.
At Law Offices of Lipsey & Clifford, P.C., the attorneys can provide you with peace of mind and protect your legal rights in any case. In fact, we have years of experience handling thousands of automobile collision cases while protecting our clients.
What To Do If You Are In An Accident
The first few minutes after an accident can be crucial to an automobile collision case. Even if you haven’t suffered major injuries or a medical vehicle didn’t transport you from the accident, it is critical you take a few necessary precautions to give you the best shot at a legitimate legal case.
- If you have extensive injuries seek medical attention immediately
- Do not move your vehicle, contact police immediately and report the incident
- Relay the details of the incident to the arriving police officer(s)
- Take pictures of all vehicles involved, if possible and the accident site
- Exchange identification and vehicle information with all parties involved
- Contact your insurance company and report the accident
- Request the names, addresses and phone numbers of any and all witnesses
- Contact an auto accident attorney promptly to determine your legal rights
What Can I Be Financially Compensated For?
When you are a victim of an automobile collision, compensation is available for more than simply the damage to your vehicle. In fact, many times victims are physically injured and sometimes even emotionally affected. As a result, these injuries can prevent you from performing at work, physical therapy can force you to miss days at your job, and emotional injuries can burden several areas of your life.
There are several areas of compensation after an automobile collision and we can help you pursue these benefits. Here are just a few of the areas you should consider:
- Vehicle repair and replacement
- Medical expenses both short term and long term
- Lost income from work absences
- Pain and suffering
- Physical therapy or medical device costs
- Modifications to your home from disability issues
- Impacts to lifestyle from emotional stress
Just because you have been in an accident doesn’t mean you have to be the victim and accept the losses.
So, contact the law offices of Lipsey & Clifford, P.C. if you have been involved in an automobile accident. At Lipsey & Clifford, P.C., we will fight to get you what you deserve and will help you get back to living your life.